NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Keith Mckenna on 2006-05-27 12:45 am

Title: hats off To Lawri and his Swing Dings font family
Post by: Keith Mckenna on 2006-05-27 12:45 am
Just downloaded and tried Lawrie's swingdings fonts from the scripto and they are great. They give the look and feel of handwritten scores or a good fake book. Thank You for all the hard work.

Keith
Title: Re: hats off To Lawri and his Swing Dings font family
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2006-05-27 12:53 am
G'day Keith,
glad you like 'em...

[glow=red,2,300]<blush>[/glow]
Post by: Marsu on 2006-06-02 08:09 am
Good morning to all,
  I join my voice and hand claps to Lawrie too!!! :)

You did a great job, and some of my musicians (I play/manage a church band) will prefer the new look I can give to the scores. Particularly my guitarist is "aux anges" (untranslatable: very happy) with the guitar chords names! ;)

I'm glad to see that there are still people like you to provide world with their work, for the benefit of everyone.

God bless you,

Best regards,
    Dominique 'Marsu'
Post by: Bob on 2006-06-02 02:50 pm
When I printed off Sing, Sing, Sing for my college jazz band this spring, everyone complained that the music was "all computery and stuff." I explained that I didn't feel like writing twelve parts and a score by hand, and that my computer wasn't capable of jazz notation...

Wow, are they going to be pleased when I rearrange it for the new 2007 jazz band!

I love it!

(My brother is in for a surprise, too, as I have changed the font and not yet changed it back to the normal one...he uses the same computer a lot...!)

Bob
Deranged Arranger
Electric Church/Jazz Fiddle
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2006-06-03 02:23 pm
Marsu and Bob,
thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback and I'm very glad you like the fonts.
:)
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2006-07-05 07:44 am
For a related topic specific to NWC2, please refer to:

NWC2 Beta 2: Customizing the Notation Font Typeface
https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5617.0
Post by: Hiroki on 2006-07-08 02:51 pm
Great work, Lawrie!
One request for modifying font: such as small-"m", "O" on "/", etc., could you please merge path of the glyph.  It will work better.
Anyway, Thanks a lot!!
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2006-07-08 02:59 pm
G'day Hiroki,

glad you like it.

One request for modifying font: such as small-"m", "O" on "/", etc., could you please merge path of the glyph.  It will work better.
Anyway, Thanks a lot!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Would you expand on it a bit?

Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2006-07-09 04:10 am
G'day again Hiroki,
I think I figured out what you meant.  I thought I'd resolved all those little annoyances.  The current version, as yet unpublished, has 'em fixed.  (pretty sure I got 'em all this time)

I won't republish until I know what's going on with NWC2 - see https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5617.0 as this will impact on the naming.

Thanks for spotting those oversights.