NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Blair Dowden on 1998-01-22 05:00 am

Title: Copy from Print Preview to Clipboard (32-bit)
Post by: Blair Dowden on 1998-01-22 05:00 am
Several items in this forum suggest improving the score layout by copying it to the clipboard and using another application to edit the bitmap. When I try to copy a print preview page to the clipboard, it comes out at screen resolution, which is useless. I need it to be copied at printer resolution.

The help file mentions a difference between the 16-bit and 32-bit version. I use the 32-bit version. Does the 16-bit version really copy at printer resolution? Is there a way to make the 32-bit version do this?

I suppose I could download and run the 16-bit version if it does do clipboard copy properly.
Title: Re: Copy from Print Preview to Clipboard (32-bit)
Post by: Marcel Bock on 1998-01-22 05:00 am
I use the 32 bit version of NWC 1.50 and when I copy a print
preview page to the clipboard I can paste it without problem
into a blank document of Word 6, to add some symbols like
hairpins, and so on. The printout is quite good.
Pasting to a Amipro document is also OK.
I had the problem you mentionned when I tried to paste into
photoshop.
With Corel draw some signs, like dotted notes, become big
ink spots.
I think the result depends on the program you use.
Post by: NWC-Support on 1998-01-22 05:00 am
The 32-bit program copies pages from Print Preview using a resolution independent metafile format. Graphics are stored as vecors, true type fonts, etc, and do not carry a specific resolution in their contents (unlike a bitmap, for example).

The 16-bit program allows you to create a bitmap file or a metafile, but the clipboard metafile format of the 32-bit program is usually the best way to go. The bitmap mechanism is dangerous, especially at high resolutions (memory issues abound), and there is always the problem of resolution distortion when using bitmaps.
Post by: Blair Dowden on 1998-01-23 05:00 am
You are right. I was pasting into Paintshop Pro. I get much better resolution pasting into Word.
Post by: djp on 1998-01-27 05:00 am
Son of a gun !!! I had no idea you could copy the print preview to a MSWord file. Thanks everyone, it looks like it'll work !!!
Post by: JDL on 1998-01-29 05:00 am
How do you copy the print preview and open it in MSWord?
Post by: Blair Dowden on 1998-01-30 05:00 am
Do print preview, press the copy button. Then open MS Word,
go to where you want the song, and select Paste from the Edit menu. You don't get much control over the size,
but it works pretty well. If you want the whole song, you
have to copy it page by page.

This is easy. I have not found a good way to edit the score
with the tools I have.
Post by: Michael LaBeau on 1998-02-01 05:00 am
I just tried the copy/paste operation for the first time...the image in Word is HUGE!! How do I get it down to a manageable size? I can't work with it that big...
Post by: David Veit on 1998-02-05 05:00 am
My problem is that when I adjust the margins to so that the piece of music is the right size (say for a music program where part of it needs to be on one page and the rest on the next) the last letters of the words on the right hand side get cut off, i.e. if ends in "trouble" the last word looks like "troubl" any suggestions????????????