NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Museum => Version 1.75 Discussion => Topic started by: Bob Williams on 2001-10-16 04:00 am

Title: Web Update 9
Post by: Bob Williams on 2001-10-16 04:00 am
I recently upgraded to web update 9. It changed a lot of the transpose feature, which I use a lot on midi files. A file I just downloaded and converted to NCW does not transpose properly. I have followed the links and hints, and cannot get a bass clef D# to physically move to a Eb. Tuba players hate sharps! Is this a bug (feature) in the latest update? I'd try downgrading NWC to a lower level to test this out if I had the proper exe file, but its not avaliable on the web site.
Title: Re: Web Update 9
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2001-10-16 04:00 am
I don't understand what you are saying.

What key is your piece using, and what key do you want it to be in after transposition?
The midi file imported without a key, but with many accidentals. I inserted a key of C. Then I used the old trick of forcing accidentals, inserting a key signature of Eb Major (three flats), then performed a transposition of zero. Previously, this would physically change the bass clef D# (as imported) to Eb (as wanted). Under the web update 9, it is not changing the 'spelling'.
Post by: Ertugrul iNANÇ on 2001-10-16 04:00 am
I recommend "Favour Flat Keys in Ambiguous Cases" doing the transposition.

Let us know if this either doesn't work. Or better, upload the problemmatic file to the Newsgroup (http://news://news2.ezusa.net/ntworthy.nwc) where you would probably have more intensive assistance.

Hth

---
Decode address to email.
I've tried all the settings on the Transpose dialog box, none seem to help. I'll forward a copy of the file to the Newsgroup as you suggested. Thanks.
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2001-10-16 04:00 am
You no longer use Transpose 0 to re-spell notes. You use Tools | Audit Enharmonic Spelling for this purpose.
Great! Works just like I wanted it to! Thanks!
Post by: David Palmquist on 2001-10-18 04:00 am
Hot damn! These NWC people think of everything, don't they? I love this program!