Skip to main content
Topic: NWC to MP3 (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC to MP3

I've just discovered how I can get my compositions into MP3 format! I'm sorry if you've all heard this before but I real excited about it.

My sound card is a Creative SB Live! 1024, which is a full-duplex card. Digging around in the Creative directory on my computer, I found I had the following three program: Creative Mixer, Creative Recorder and Creative Digital Audio Center. Between them, these three applications, plus Noteworthy Composer (of course), do the biz!

Mixer is used to control volume levels, treble and bass etc.  I set Recorder's source to "What U Hear", which means that, if I start recording, everything that comes through the sound system gets recorded. So ... with both Recorder running and Noteworthy in a reduced window (loaded with the composition I want to record), I start recording, then click on the Noteworthy window and press F5. The result is that what Noteworthy plays gets recorded into a .WAV file (usually called something like Untitled1.wav).

Once recording is complete - and it will be hiss free - I open up Digital Audio Center. Under the File menu item, I select "Convert WAV files to MP3". Then, having renamed my .WAV file to something more meaningful - such as GreenWitchRising.wav - I add it to the Audio Center's music library. And Lo and Behold! it gets automatically converted to an MP3 file!

"Howzat?" as the cricketers say in my country!

I know this solution is very product specific but if it helps anyone else short-cut the endless head scratching and wasted downloads that I've been through over the past year and more - Hey!

Regards to all the Community (ain't it just a great piece of software?)

Les.

Re: NWC to MP3

Reply #1
Thanks for the tip Les!  I've been looking for a way of getting MP3s.

Re: NWC to MP3

Reply #2
thanx les - much needed info...i've been bamboozled for some time over 'nwc to wav' conundrum