as follows -

Fitted into the joystick port then connected the midi IN wire into the
keyboards midi OUT and vice verser. But no sucess. And i was wonder if you
could help me out.

do i need to switch "logical" on or off. How is
this done ?

Do i need to check any drivers?

So if you could please help me out, i would be very greatful, im sorry if it
may seem a bit obvisous what im trying to achieve but im new to computers.

Almost forgot to mention, i also tried to use the keyboard in sequencing
software but no joy. The software is called Massiva and is freeware

Re: Connecting keyboard to PC

Reply #1
In Tools -> Options -> Record tab (you'll have to click the "right" button to get to this tab, it's the last one) there is a pulldown for Input Device. Click on the pulldown, you'll see your available midi in devices. One of them should say something like "... MPU midi in" or "MPU401..." That will be the device to select for your external keyboard.

HTH
Fred

Reply #2
For those of you who found this thread and happen to own a computer without a lot of ports -- There's a product called MidiDock traveler that can hook a Midi keyboard to the parallel (printer) port. I use it on my old laptop. It's the cheapest and smallest method I know of, if your computer won't allow you to install more hardware. No doubt there are competing products as well.

Reply #3
i am having the same problem with my keyboard. i have a yamaha PSR 170. i have the programme "finale". i have connected the midi cables to the joystick port in exactly the same way (midi out to in and vice versa) but when i go to a similar "midi in device" tab on this programme no devices are shown.  plz plz help!!

Reply #4
I also have a psr-170, i have connected it to the correct port but in all programs the device is not shown for midi in.