Skip to main content
Topic: Display glitch: Mouse Wheel causes Selection Inversion (Read 3407 times) previous topic - next topic

Display glitch: Mouse Wheel causes Selection Inversion

When I have a selection, and then roll the mouse wheel, the background color of the selection toggles from black to white. As usual, F9 fixes this. This does not happen in NWC 1.75.

I'm using: NWC2 Beta 2.19, MicroSoft USB optical (HID compliant) mouse, Win98SE
Registered user since 1996

Re: Display glitch: Mouse Wheel causes Selection Inversion

Reply #1
Ditto for me, except that the work I tested in is "taller" than the screen, so when I "rolled" down, the screen scrolled "up" as expected until I reached the bottom then the background toggled - ditto when rolling back up - screen scrolled until I reached the top then the background toggled...

NWC 2.19, Evoluent vertical mouse (HID compliant) and Windows XP Media Center Edition w/- SP2
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
I cannot reproduce the first scenario where F9 fixes the problem. If F9 clears it up, it might be a display driver issue.

I can reproduce a scenario where the vertical scrollbar position can cause the highlighted notation to not be displayed as highlighted. F9 does not fix the problem. The insertion point also disappears. There seems to be a logic problem.

Reply #3
The problem I describe is when there is no vertical scroll bar on the right. The problem Lawrie describes is when there is a vertical scroll bar. In the selection, the foreground color, yellow (in my config) remains yellow, but the background color toggles from black to white. Depending on the staff and editor margins, you may not see this (as it happens off-screen). F9 fixes it in all cases, as does moving the wheel another notch. Mice vary as to their wheel response.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
OK. I can reproduce that one too, and it also seems to be a bug.

Reply #5
A fix will be included for both of these issues in the next release.