Skip to main content
Topic: WinAmp 5 and NoteWorthy Composer??? (Read 3667 times) previous topic - next topic

WinAmp 5 and NoteWorthy Composer???

Greetings -

I just noticed that Nullsoft has released WinAmp 5 (skipping version 4, because they said version 5 includes the best of version 2 and 3; or in other words, 2+3=5).  Anyway, I noticed on their web site that it said (hopefully not in error) that WinAmp 5 supports version 2 plug-ins, and in fact searching for plug-ins on their site pops up the NoteWorthy Composer plug-in.  Is the plug-in in fact now supported in WinAmp 5?  ( I remember that WinAmp 3 changed their plug-in architecture and that is why NoteWorthy software didn't support it).  Curious minds want to know.

Thanks,

John

Re: WinAmp 5 and NoteWorthy Composer???

Reply #1
Try it, John, and let the rest of us know. :)

Reply #2
I will try it just as soon as I get a chance; I was just curious if Eric at NoteWorthy Software could weigh in on the subject, since he had mentioned that they wouldn't support version 3 of WinAmp when it came out (because of the change of plugin architecture).  However, if version 5 actually supports the version 2 plugin architecture, the plugin may be viable again.

Thanks,

John

Reply #3
Greetings -

I just wanted to let everyone know that I installed the new WinAmp 5 and the NWC plugin and all seemed to work well.

Thanks,

John

Reply #4
Thanks, John. We haven't had a chance to check out Winamp 5 yet, but we will do so very soon, and update the NWC Winamp page accordingly.

Reply #5
I've winamp 5 and it works perfectly. Thanks a lot!

Reply #6
Testing of the NWC 1.75a Winamp Plug-in with Winamp 5 has been completed.  Everything went well. Winamp 5 does a good job of supporting the plug-in. We have updated the official NWC 1.75a Winamp Plug-in page to recognize this new Winamp  release.

See also:
- news headline #11: Regarding the release of Winamp 3