Skip to main content
Topic: Windows XP (Read 4020 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows XP

Hello, just a quick note. I am upgrading my PC (finally !)
does noteworthy run under windows xp professional? If not I will have to abandon the program :(  (I really hope it does)
anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and that your music continues to be meaningful.
CWS

Re: Windows XP

Reply #1
ok so apparently it is supported, search did not come up with anything.
grrrrrrr......

Reply #2
It certainly works under XP Home Edition. The added features of XP Professional are not of a kind that would affect routine programs.

BUT - Hardware drivers (printers, scanners, MIDI interface, computer-driven coffepots, etc.) may have driver software that was written for Windows 9x and not compatible with XP. That's not an issue with the NWC program. See other messages on that subject. Be sure that your peripherals have XP-compatible drivers!

Reply #3
>If not I will have to abandon the program :( (I really hope it does)

Yay!  Yes, abandon XP, pour l'amour de Dieu!

Geoff

Reply #4
Geoffrey Lehr wrote: Yes, abandon XP..

I couldn't agree more. But I live in fear and trembling that M$ will reach out and zap my system - one final "Security Update" ........

Reply #5
XP really isn't a bad system. But more thought should have been given to the problem of potentially obsolete drivers. At least one of my drivers, written for W98 but never updated for XP, did install successfully (bypassing the XP warning message). This suggests that XP is not rejecting older drivers merely to be nasty, but because there is something about the particular driver or installation file. I wasn't able to discern the difference, though.

As for the security updates - MS may have created more jobs for antivirus and security programmers than ever worked for MS directly.

Reply #6
It isn't working so good with my Xp. The lines where we put the notes are invisible when I scroll horizontaly. Do someone know why?

Reply #7
I recall that someone asked this question about a year ago, when XP was newer. The solutions: (1) The driver for your display monitor may need to be updated. (2) Try lowering the amount of graphics acceleration in your monitor driver. This can be done via the display control panel.

Reply #8
Also, the most recent NWC 1.75 Web Update includes a change that allows NWC to work around this bug in many cases.

See also: faq #77