Skip to main content
Topic: feature request: individual note attributes (Read 2744 times) previous topic - next topic

feature request: individual note attributes

Why can't NWC have seperate notes attributes for each note in a chord member??? When you mute, hide, or select 'no leger lines', it affects the whole chord. Also, you can't insert a note or rest of the opposite stem direction as a chord member???

Re: feature request: individual note attributes

Reply #1
Merry Christmas, Mr. User111.  Keep it cool as you have been doing this past few postings and you will be welcome in the Forum.  You have good ideas, but not everything can be done at once.  If some things never turn up, don't be discouraged.

Some of the magic of NWC is its reasonable price, elegant simplicity, very gentle learning curve, size (1.1 megs versus 5+ megs for Finale 2002), flexibility and the multitude of user-developed, freely shared tips and ideas.

The more bells and whistles NWC adds, the more these good things diminish.  Those of us who wish for more and more can always persuade our parents (in your case) or our grandchildren (in my case) to buy us one of the more expensive notation products on the market.  It is Christmas, after all.

I think NWC should focus on fixing the few shortcomings that have been identified several times during the betatesting stage, before adding more features, no matter how good those ideas might be.

I believe new features should be developed based on user demand as shown by the number of requests made to the wish list.  If only one or two people want X but hundreds have asked for Y, then the priority should go to Y.  Since NWC does not publicize what's been asked for, we get wonderful little updates as time goes on.

Reply #2
Nevertheless this is a perfectly valid request, and one which I have made several times in the past. And personally I believe that it is right and valid to air our requirements in the forums and news groups where they can be discussed and improved on.

Reply #3
Be that as it may, a question like 'Why can't Noteworthy... request nr. umpteen' does not sound nice. Eric is not one of your parents. He does not hand out pocket money.

Let me put it this way: Why can't user111 ask things nicely???

Reply #4
Maybe, user 111, if you asked parents for help phrasing these requests you might get quite a pleasant surprise because you might find them happy to help :-)

Also you might find you will irritate the members of this forum a little less.

After all you did tell us you were only 15. In my book that is time to do a little growing up :-)

Geoff Walker

Reply #5
Sorry, Rob and Geoff, but User 111 has already improved beyond measure and your remarks are not helpful. David's on the other hand struck the right responsive note.

For better or worse, we are what we are on the forum. Geoff, would you really tell (say) a French speaker whose grasp of English is not perfect to go to a translation agency?

I must admit that there are indeed times when I say "Why can't NWC do ...?" and feel quite frustrated that a simple feature is still missing.

Why can't NWC do 8va?