Skip to main content
Topic: Rythm and duration trouble with nwc2 122 (Read 4112 times) previous topic - next topic

Rythm and duration trouble with nwc2 122

Hello,

I've rythmic problems with a midi file saved from a nwc.
On the piano staff when there are some chords with different times (for ex 1 1/4 and 2 1/8) the midi playing makes different duration for the 1/8.
I don't know how to join my file to explain.
But my Mendelssohn file hears "jazzy".

And it's easier to explain in french !

Can you help me ?
I have to finish the file for chorist training

Best regards
Annie

Re: Rythm and duration trouble with nwc2 122

Reply #1
Fermatas and breath marks are not exported to MIDI. If you have any of them with 'Delay (in 16th note units):' set, the MIDI file will not sound the same as the Noteworthy file does.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Vas-y, expliquez-le problème en Français... on va voir qu'on peut faire?
Je ne suis pas le plus grand expert de Noteworthy (on pourrait dire qu'il a déjà répondu) mais on ne sait jamais.

Reply #3
   Hi, Mamannie.

You say:-

"I've rythmic problems with a midi file saved from a nwc.
On the piano staff when there are some chords with different times (for ex 1 1/4 and 2 1/8) the midi playing makes different duration for the 1/8.
I don't know how to join my file to explain."

Can you upload your NWC File to a website somewhere, tell us the address, and then "we" can look at it, and download it, and see what's involved?

Regards.

MusicJohn, 29/Jan/08

Reply #4
There is a parallel topic to this one in the noteworthy.nwc2beta NNTP newsgroup. That thread includes the files.

Reply #5
There is a parallel topic to this one in the noteworthy.nwc2beta NNTP newsgroup.
The problem was a corrupted Dynamic Link Library (dll) file on the original poster's computer.
Registered user since 1996