Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Object Plugins / Re: TremoloSingle.ms (2.1)
Last post by jonnotes -
Mike - I hope I'm not too late to catch your attention on this topic!

I have just found the need to have two parts on one stave (tails up and tails down) with both parts using Tremolo Single. I think I have understood, through the various comings and goings a few months ago, that this should now be possible.  This would be an improvement on having to make chords with a joint tail just in order to get the double tremolo.  My troubles are compounded by my lack of experience of installing objects.

Reading through the whole topic, I am not sure where I am supposed to obtain the object.  The first reference to it is 9 years ago.  Am I to understand that the link under that old posting currently points to the latest version, or not?  If not, where should I be going for it, please?.

Next, when I say "Yes, add to system"  my Noteworthy seems to record its position by pointing to the Downloads folder - not the folder pointed to by the Options page - so I have tried to move it to the latter location and get away from references to the Downloads folder.  Is this a correct procedure?

On top of that, I'm unsure whether in the end I actually do have the latest version a) because it doesn't seem to be labelled or dated in any way and b) because it doesn't seem to have the upper/lower/both option and c) because it doesn't give tremolos to both parts...

There is unfortunately a further question - namely, does the Make TremoloSingle.ms work in the same way (i.e. tremolo on two parts)?

I should be very grateful for your patient guidance!  TIA

Jonathan
General Discussion / Re: Layering troubles
Last post by Lawrie Pardy -
N.B. The score very often notates the chords and the arpeggi with about half notes stem down and the other half stem up.
Has this some significance, beside aestetics? :)
I don't think so, even if the score is a "didactical" one.
I concur, I think it's just aesthetics. <edit> Perhaps they are using the stem direction to indicate which strings the note should be on?  Stem up for the three "high" strings and stem down for the three "low" strings? </edit> - <second edit> Nope, that doesn't work 'cos the quavers are stem down. </second edit>

Notating guitar can be a challenge at times - maybe TAB would be better, but I've never learned it, not being a string player of any kind, unless you count the string on the rotor of one of my trombones of course  ;)
Last post by Flurmy -
N.B. The score very often notates the chords and the arpeggi with about half notes stem down and the other half stem up.
Has this some significance, beside aestetics?  :)
I don't think so, even if the score is a "didactical" one.
Hi Flurmy,
given the bar is 2/4, and it's effectively a single staff (single instrument?) then there is no need for a visible rest at all, IMHO.
Especially considering the lower three minims (half notes) are stem down, the same as the quavers (eighth notes), making them a single voice anyway.
Perhaps a guitar holding a chord with the quavers played over the ringing chord? 

The other way to consider it might be that the quavers are the same notes as the top three minims so perhaps the top three minims should be quavers instead...

Your real clue will be how this is supposed to sound and notate accordingly, but I really don't think there's any need for a visible rest.

Incidentally, what instrument is it supposed to be?
Last post by Flurmy -
2/4, of course, given the upper staff bar duration.
Maybe it could be better putting the rest in (vertical) line with the initial chord.
N.B. the original score, although being in print (1974), is not very well engraved...
Hi Flurmy,
umm, I'm not completely sure what you're trying to end up with...

Is it a 2/4 bar, or a 5/8 bar?  If 2/4, then I don't think the rest should be visible, but if a 5/8 bar then yes, the rest should be visible...
General Discussion / Layering troubles
Last post by Flurmy -
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|Editor|ActiveStaff:2|CaretIndex:1|CaretPos:0
|SongInfo|Title:""|Author:""|Lyricist:""|Copyright1:""|Copyright2:""
|PgSetup|StaffSize:16|Zoom:4|TitlePage:Y|JustifyVertically:Y|PrintSystemSepMark:N|ExtendLastSystem:N|DurationPadding:Y|PageNumbers:0|StaffLabels:None|BarNumbers:None|StartingBar:1
|Font|Style:StaffItalic|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:10|Bold:Y|Italic:Y|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffBold|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffLyric|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:7.2|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageTitleText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:24|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:12|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageSmallText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User1|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User2|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User3|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User4|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User5|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User6|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|PgMargins|Left:1.27|Top:1.27|Right:1.27|Bottom:1.27|Mirror:N
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:12|BoundaryBottom:12|Lines:5|WithNextStaff:Layer|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:1
|StaffInstrument|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:#-2,0,3|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:Half|Pos2:-11,-7,-4
|Bar
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff-1"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:10|BoundaryBottom:10|Lines:5|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:2
|Bar
|Rest|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Down
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:3|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
My best solution:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|Editor|ActiveStaff:2|CaretIndex:5|CaretPos:0
|SongInfo|Title:""|Author:""|Lyricist:""|Copyright1:""|Copyright2:""
|PgSetup|StaffSize:16|Zoom:4|TitlePage:Y|JustifyVertically:Y|PrintSystemSepMark:N|ExtendLastSystem:N|DurationPadding:Y|PageNumbers:0|StaffLabels:None|BarNumbers:None|StartingBar:1
|Font|Style:StaffItalic|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:10|Bold:Y|Italic:Y|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffBold|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffLyric|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:7.2|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageTitleText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:24|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:12|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageSmallText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User1|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User2|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User3|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User4|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User5|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User6|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|PgMargins|Left:1.27|Top:1.27|Right:1.27|Bottom:1.27|Mirror:N
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:12|BoundaryBottom:12|Lines:5|WithNextStaff:Layer|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:1
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:Half|Pos:#-2,0,3|Opts:Stem=Up|Dur2:Half|Pos2:-11,-7,-4
|Bar
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff-1"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:10|BoundaryBottom:10|Lines:5|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:2
|Bar
|Rest|Dur:8th|Opts:Stem=Down|Visibility:Never
|Spacer|Width:150
|Text|Text:""|Font:StaffSymbols|Pos:-3.5|Wide:Y
|Spacer|Width:75
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Down
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:0|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:3|Opts:Stem=Down,Beam=End
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
Any better idea?
General Discussion / Re: Very long half note
Last post by lawrroc -
I thank all my friends for their usual great availability.
I'm doing some tests, I think I'll use instruments with a "soft" sound even if some are really hard to listen to, especially for a deaf person like me (I have two "bionic" ears, cochlear implants).
Happy Sunday.
Lorenzo