Skip to main content
Topic: Percussion playback (Read 2109 times) previous topic - next topic

Percussion playback

I have just installed Noteworthy Composer onto a new computer and in attempting to play back previously created *.nwc files have found that the percussion has been reduced to no more than a series of hoots and clangs.  This is also true of the drumref.nwc file.  Can anyone suggest a remedy for the problem?  I have no details of the soundcard type/model to hand...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: Percussion playback

Reply #1
hmm... lemme see...
well, you might see if
1. it's in bass or trebel clef, depending on what drums you want
2. the instrument channel is 10
3. the instrument itself is Acoustic Grand Piano, Hammond Organ, or Electric Guitar (steel)-(three main drum "kits")
-this causes some problems, if you just opened a drum file which used a certain instrument, and you then open a new file, because this new file will use the same instrument as did the older file, unless you specify the instrument...
if that made any sense.
4. your sound card might not be able to handle the drums. my laptop can't play drums other than hoots and clanks... perhaps you're using a laptop...?

hope this helps......O_o

Reply #2
Well. whatever the problem may have been, the computer seems to have solved it bu itself; it is now working fine without having done any troubleshooting.  Shuting down the computer and rebooting seems to be sufficient...

Reply #3
This is a matter of wild speculation but ...

From a review of various discussion forums, it seems that drivers for Windows XP are not always compatible with drivers for earlier versions of Windows. A sound card (or, more likely, a video driver) that expected Windows 98 may burp with XP.

I don't know if that was your problem, but if so, it appears that your system eventually located the correct driver. That has nothing to do with NWC or any other application.