Skip to main content
Topic: Help Wanted for Hymn Book (Read 4571 times) previous topic - next topic

Help Wanted for Hymn Book

I need to compile a new hymn book in the typical style and size of American or British hymnals.  Anyone done this kind of thing with Noteworthy?

Re: Help Wanted for Hymn Book

Reply #2
And do remember that compiling Hymn Books, often involves seeking copyright approval!

Tony

Reply #4
Thank you all!  I'm familiar with cyberhymnal (EXCELLENT SITE !).  I bought Noteworthy to see if it is a tool that I can use to actually produce a very professional looking hymnbook.  I know that this can be done with Finalie (via MS Word) but thought Noteworthy could save me a lot of time since cyber uses it.  Don't know if Noteworthy is flexible enough.  I've played with it some but before a lot of time is invested I need to know if anyone out there has actually set up pages in this way. Page size will be about 5 1/2" x 11" or a little larger.  I need setup flexibility since the book will contain several hundred hymns. 
Any leads?  THANKS!

Reply #5
Tim

I have a feeling that the easiest way will be for you to produce music and words for each hymn separately and paste them on to the final sheets.

Tony

Reply #6
Under File-Printer Setup, you can choose the size of page.  If you choose the right size, you can easily copy the Print Preview and paste it into MS World or similar.

Reply #7
Tim,
if you join the private news group, you will be able to contact a user there who has used NWC2 to create a hymn book just recently.

Acess information for the NG is available on http://www.noteworthysoftware.com

Look under the "Support" menu for "all support options" for access to the sign up instructions for the "private NNTP Newsgroup".
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #8
I bought Noteworthy to see if it is a tool that I can use to actually produce a very professional looking hymnbook.
Good? Maybe. Very professional? Alas no.
Registered user since 1996