Skip to main content
Topic: Create folders? (Read 2412 times) previous topic - next topic

Create folders?

I would like to group my saved song files in NWC into several folders. As usual, the help files tell me nothing useful, and so far I don't even know whether this is possible, much less how to do it. Can someone advise?

Stephen R.

Re: Create folders?

Reply #1
Hmmmmm.. Seems like the easiest way would be to right click on your desktop, go to "new" in the window that opens, then click on "folder". Rename the new folder to "My Music" or whatever you like. Then open the new folder and repeat the process inside the new folder, naming the sub-folders with whatever groups of music you like.
You can then direct NWC to start out in the folder you created on the desktop and open whichever sub-folder you want in the NWC window.

Hope this helps - The Hankster

Reply #2
I imagine the reason it hasn't been covered in the help file is that NWC can write to any specified directory, as can most (if not all) Windows applications.

Hank's suggestion works if you want your music files on the desktop (physically, this puts them into the Windows\Desktop directory) but any valid directory will do. The default directory can be set in Options, but you can always override the default by browsing to the desired directory in the Open File / Save As... dialogs.

Reply #3
The "Save As" dialog allows you to select any existing
folder - it also allows you to create a new folder. Click
the icom of a folder with a kid of starburst on the top
right hand corner. This will create a folder called
"NewFolder" which you can then rename. You can also use
right click on any file or folder in the directory list
to perform normal file maintenance - copy, rename, delete,
etc...
This is true for any application which uses the standard
windows dialogs. That's why it's not documented specifically