Skip to main content
Topic: Garritan Personal Orchestra & Noteworthy (Read 2382 times) previous topic - next topic

Garritan Personal Orchestra & Noteworthy

Just for the record - and anyone else who is thinking about using GPO with Noteworthy - I have, at least sorted out what software is needed to begin to get this to work.

I bought GPO Version 3.0, which ships with Kontakt Player 2 (KP2). If you do similarly, DO NOT follow advice posted elsewhere in the forums that tells you to download and install Garritan Personal Studio. IT DOES NOT WORK with KP2. All you will get is an annoying error message every time you try to open Studio. Instead, you need to download and install a piece of freeware called Midi-yoke.

Now you should be able to use KP2 to assign GPO instruments to the various MIDI channels, and Midi-Yoke will be visible as a MIDI-out option in Noteworthy.

Now all I've got to do is get to grips with selecting and controlling the GPO instruments!! Anyone got any good tips to save me re-inventing the wheel?

Re: Garritan Personal Orchestra & Noteworthy

Reply #1
G'day Les,
check out https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=6183.0

Gary Shannon has played GPO and left some quite detailed information on this forum about using control staves to make it easier to embed the "notes" and "CC" commands sent as directives to GPO.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Garritan Personal Orchestra & Noteworthy

Reply #2
Thanks Garry. Yes, I'd seen that. Right now I've got bigger fish to fry. I can't get any sound from the GPO via Noteworthy! This afternoon it was all working and now it's gone Tango Uniform. I've re-installed my Midi-Yoke, I can play the sounds using Kontakt Player, but that's it! Aaaggghhhh!