Skip to main content
Topic: Create a score by real time typing the keyboard (Read 3748 times) previous topic - next topic

Create a score by real time typing the keyboard

I am wondering how to automatically create a score with the correct notes timing, I mean, when I start to get the score by typing the keyboard all I get is the same 1 quarter for all the notes. Is there any possiblity of getting the correct measure with different duration notes automatically from typing the keyboard ?
Many thanks for all suggestions.
regards,
Aurazil

Re: Create a score by real time typing the keyboard

Reply #1
Look in the help menu, under Keyboard Commands.

Reply #2
Which is the polite form of saying RTFM.

Reply #3
I think that the key word in Aurazil's query is 'automatically', as in maybe typing the the score in with a real-time rhythm and having NWC pick the corresponding note durations?  If this is the case, it cannot be done in NWC... Note durations must be manually selected.

Reply #4
Rob, that wasn't quite what I was trying to convey.  I started to type out explicit instructions, then realized I wasn't doing Aurazil any favours.

I then looked in Help, and the instructions weren't as easy to find as I expected.  However, Aurazil now will know Help is there.

It's better to teach someone to make bread rather than just offering a piece of buttered toast.

CDon, you may be right, I thought of that too but chose to go with the simper interpretation of the question.

Reply #5
Aurazil, you might also want to check out Tools | Audit Bar Lines, which will place bar lines correctly for your time signature, and Tools | Persistent Note Tools, that might help in some circumstances (I've used it once since starting more than five years ago).

Reply #6
It is actually possible to use a program to enable the qwerty keyboard to be set up as a music keyboard and then with a program called 'midiyoke' I think ,(no cracks about country boys please), to key the music in real time. But I found it a lot of messing around. There are also of course combination qwerty/music keyboards for the dedicated.