Skip to main content
Topic: Bar numbers not coinciding with the music (Read 4406 times) previous topic - next topic

Bar numbers not coinciding with the music

This came from the Community Music discussion list, Dec 13/05, but it's perhaps useful for some who use NWC or NWC2 to think about:

What I'd  like to see is a law against measure numbers every 10 bars, whether its a  phrase ending, tempo or key change, or what . .  That, and courtesy accidentals, the bane of the geriatric  musician.

I'm not big on arbitrary decimalization in music either. I wonder if this  is the result of the metric system. The next thing you know, they'll start writing dynamics decimally (e.g., that's micropiano, not kiloforte). And then we'll have to learn that 10-tone scale...

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.
Jim ...

Re: Bar numbers not coinciding with the music

Reply #1
When you check "force system break" a whole lot of options should be made available. "Measure #" from Page Setup  and just about everything from Properties for <staff>.

Another way to implement this would be a check box for bar line: Measure start that defaults to "checked"

"accidental scheme" would be a good addition to Page Setup
The ability to confine Audit Accidentals to a selection would help.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Bar numbers not coinciding with the music

Reply #2
The option to restrict lots of things to the current selection would be useful. That's a wish I've made before.
Meanwhile, the solution is to resort to user tools.