Skip to main content
Topic: Slur bug with Version 2.0 Public Preview 1p (Read 4240 times) previous topic - next topic

Slur bug with Version 2.0 Public Preview 1p

Hello,
last week I have updated to version 2.0 1p and strange inexistent slurs start appearing into some of my previous scores: they are shown for all the staff length as it appears on the screen (if you zoom out, slur will extend to the new measures now displayed because of the zoom action, even in those measures that was previously correctly displayed, up to the beginning of the staff). Sometimes these slurs are just a visual nuisance and they are not shown on the printed score, some other times they do result also in the printed pages. I could not sort out a rule to establish which notes/symbols combination produces this weird behaviour.
I can send a file on request.

marco

Re: Slur bug with Version 2.0 Public Preview 1p

Reply #1
Hi Marco,
my guess is that you may have some hanging note ties to resolve.  1p handles ties differently in order to have more correct behaviour with notes with accidentals being tied over bar lines.

(10 minute wait)
There's a discussion about methods of finding hanging ties somewhere but I've been unable to find it, sorry.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
I saw a few of these using 1p. F9 seemed to fix it. There are lots more problems with 1p; best advice is to use 1m.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #3
Using any earlier preview before the latest preview is not recommended.

Feel free to e-mail an example to support. We can review it and e-mail our impressions back to you.

Reply #4
I had that problem but then I fixed it with 1q.

Reply #5
I have just installed 1q and everything is OK now. Thanks to Noteworthy staff for having solved the problem.