Skip to main content
Topic: Do we have to order the latest version? (Read 4297 times) previous topic - next topic

Do we have to order the latest version?

On the order form for NWC, do we have to download the latest version you have? Or is there some sort of archive where you can view NWC from the start? I'm just wondering because I want to see how it all started.

Re: Do we have to order the latest version?

Reply #1
We do not offer older downloads. You can see the upgrade history here.

Reply #2
Why not?

Reply #3
Does that mean that you can have multiple versions of NWC installed on your computer to run at the same time?

Reply #4
I'm not sure where this thread is going... but yes, you can even have multiple instances of the same version of NWC running at the same time.

However, unless you have a multi-midi client add-on (e.g. "Hubi's Midi Cable") or multiple playback devices, you couldn't have more than one instance of any version(s) of NWC play at any given time in the Windows environment.

Reply #5
...and running multiple copies of differing versions of NWC simultaneously is not supported (it is just asking for trouble).

Reply #6
"History" may simply have had experience with some other software (such as web browsers) un-supporting features they used to have. For example, web page designers often have to run older versions of browsers, to ensure that their creations don't bomb.

Noteworthy Composer is not like that. You only need whatever version is most recent.

Reply #7

Just out of curiousity, I wished to see what [abbr=Note Worthy Composer rules!..]NWC[/abbr] 1.00 used to look like because the earliest copy I saw was 1.3x and I've been witnessing the development since 1.55. One of the regulars, then, kindly emailed me the evaluation copy of NoteWorthy (yet to be Composer) 1.

If requested, I can do the same since I'm keeping the copy.

Reply #8
I would not bother checking out earlier versions of [abbr=NoteWorthy Composer is totally awesome!]NWC[/abbr] because, as Reply 6 says, You [abbr=really should be "need only"]only need[/abbr] whatever version is most recent.
I could never go back to an earlier version.  I would miss all of the great improvements that [abbr=This new thing is funky!!!]NWC[/abbr] has experienced through the years.

Reply #9
"This new thing is funky!!!"

Wow! who would have ever thought a silly little standard HTML tag would be liked so much.