Skip to main content
Topic: rhythem part (Read 3269 times) previous topic - next topic

rhythem part

how do i add a rhythm part
or how do i turn the notes form circles into "x" to create the rhtyhm part????????????????????????????

Re: rhythem part

Reply #1
This is one of the few aspects of music annotation which NWC, despite years of nagging from its fans, have refused to address, and one of my only criticisms om NWC.

Reply #2

Before going alarmed, see http://nwc-scriptorium.org/helpful.html#Fonts

You can manage the number of lines per staff at Edit > Staff Properties > Visual since a typical percussion staff consists of a single line.

Hth,
Ertugrul

Reply #3
If you want a printing/playing score, I found the "bongo" font, added as text items on a 1-line staff with invisible notes on it, works best for me.

If this sounds like gibberish, just ask.

Reply #4
This is a good example of a problem I face.  If you were allowed to specify different fonts for the lyrics of different staves, then the "bongo" characters could be entered as lyrics while still allowing "real" lyrics on another staff.  This, in turn, would make the X-head notes show in color during the "note chase".  As it is, since random text items are ignored by the "notechase" (which is reasonable) they just sit there.

I've added this to the wish list, but others doing the same might help.

Cyril

Reply #5
Bongos has no down-stemmed notes.  Is there a Bongos2 under development which will take care of this?

Reply #6
I'll think about a down-stem Bongos. No promises. (I am the person who created that font).