Skip to main content
Topic: Midiman USB - Midi connector (Read 2792 times) previous topic - next topic

Midiman USB - Midi connector

Hi,

I was just wondering whether I could use Noteworthy composer software to convert midi inputs to notes.  I recently bought at midiman USB-midi connector and have no idea how to set it up so that I can play the notes from a portasound keyboard and presumably get the score printed from Noteworthy composer.

Has anyone used the Midiman USB-Midi connector in conjunction with Noteworthy Composer.

Thanks.

Bele

Re: Midiman USB - Midi connector

Reply #1
After you connect your MIDI keyboard to the Midiman, you can simply select the Midiman input driver in NWC from Tools|Options|Record|Input Device. Once this is done correctly, you can enter notes with your MIDI Keyboard directly into NWC, either in step time (by turning on Tools|MIDI Input Active) or real time (by loading up a rhythm part and using Tools|Record).

See also:
faq #53: How do I record live play from my MIDI keyboard?

faq #54: How do I casually enter notes from my MIDI keyboard (step time)?

Reply #2
Yep, it worked!!

Thank you very much for your advise.

Bele

Reply #3
Hi again,

I've been able play the keyboard & NC is able to capture the notes.  But I can only do this one staff at a time.  Is there a way for NC to record the keys played by the left hand and right hand simultaneously?  In other words, for example playing a typical hymnal normally and having the treble and base clefs showing the respective notes generated by NC?

Thanking you in advance.

Bele

Reply #4
This can be complicated, given the various options that you can set for handling the import of recorded input, including Tools:Options:Import and Tools:Options:Record.

If you play with both hands, you can manually import the performance using Staff:Import Recording twice: once for the upper pitches that generally corresponds to your right hand, and a second time using lower pitch ranges generally corresponding to your left hand. This enables you to experiment if you are unsure what pitch ranges are best for each hand given the material that you played.