Skip to main content
Topic: No Notes on my new Windows XP (Read 3008 times) previous topic - next topic

No Notes on my new Windows XP

Has anyone found a way around No Notes or lyrics showing up on the staffs running on Windows XP Home version? I have tried cutting down the Accelerator with no result showing from max to min. I don't think I need a newer Video driver as the computer is a brand new 2002 model.

Re: No Notes on my new Windows XP

Reply #1
You could try a cold boot (a full shutdown sequence, where you turn off the power). If that does not help, then you may have video driver problems. New machines are usually more likely to have these problems, not less.

Reply #2
Just a long shot, but it's happened to others before:

Check the staff colors (esp. "Active staff" and "Inactive staff" to be sure that they're not the same colour as the Editor Background. Tools | Options | Color tab.

HTH
Fred

Reply #3
Did you fix this? If not, do you need to reinstall the NWC font?

Reply #4
All is well that ends well. Finally, I re-installed the program and it now runs fine. Apparently there was some error in the first installation.

Reply #5
If anyone else has this problem, reinstalling rarely helps NWC problems. It has VERY FEW installation dependencies (font and file associations are really the only install dependencies). A cold boot (where you power down), or a driver update, is the most likely fix in this scenario.