Skip to main content
Topic: Melodeon Chords (Read 4044 times) previous topic - next topic

Melodeon Chords

I have found NWC absolutely perfect for writing music sheets and adding the letter symbols for the um-cha chords. As you may know a two row melodeon only has 6 chords available. If it is a D/G melodeon they are G, D, C, A and B majors plus E minor. I need a quick way to put in these chords, on a lower staff, so that I can check the harmony before printing. Any suggestions?

a tyro ;)

Re: Melodeon Chords

Reply #1
You also have to ensure that the chord is playable. On the push you have C G D and B, and on the pull C Emin A and D. And of course the root note is on a separate button from the chord so you can have interesting inversions.

Once you have checked whether the chord is playable I would suggest that you enter the six chords as chords somewhere, either in the score itself, or in a separate window, and then cut and paste using ctrlC and ctrlV.

Reply #2
Thanks. You obviously know your melodeons. How can I get a similar sound to a swing tuned melodeon? That is when the two reeds are tuned slightly off to give a slight vibrato. I use the Tango Accordion on the MIDI

Reply #3
The easiest way is to duplicate the staves and pitch bend one of them slightly sharp. If you send me your email - click on blue name above - then I can send you a file which shows how.