Skip to main content
Topic: Midi Keyboard (Read 3728 times) previous topic - next topic

Midi Keyboard

I need to get a midi keyboard for noteworthy. What is the best one to get?????

Re: Midi Keyboard

Reply #1
Put simply, one which fits your budget, and with the tone and facilities which are important to YOU. NWC isn't fussy, so just go for something with facilities you need. I'm happy with a Casio CTK-601, but even this has more facilities than I need.

Using MIDI as direct input is fun though! You'll find it both frustrating and rewarding, then revert to mouse and keyboard!

Reply #2
One of the possible use of a midi keyboard is the step by step
entry of notes. It's very usefull for average to good score readers.
But it has to be "ergonomic" to really speed up the entry
compared to the PC keyboard.
The solution i've implemented is a mini-midi keyboard which
fits exactly before the pc kbd (Width 70cm/30", depth 15cm/6"). It allows me to have the screen in front
and to continue to use the PC kbd for note length, shortcuts and various
menu access.
Its a passive midi kbd which costs around 100$ in France. You may easily
find an equivalent one anywhere.You may access directly to only five octaves
but there's a key to shift up or down . Main advantages: price, size and simplicity.
For the sound output, I did choose an external expander (Yamaha TG100)
associated to a good HIFI system.

Good luck
Bruno

Reply #3
Well I don't really know anything about the keybard but I'm sure that any one with black and white keys would be good. HA HA HA HA HA

Reply #4
Hey!

I´m currently makin music in fasttracker but I´m thinking of starting to use midi.. I think I am going to buy a MC-303 Drumbox (even thou its kinda expensive) and a midi keyboard. The big question is: How much am I supposed to pay for a such a thing and what brand should i go for???
If you think you can help me out or tell me about your own equipment please send me a mail...

Oh, by the way.. I want to continue to make techno-ish music..

Greetings From Sweden: John

Reply #5
This has been discussed before (a search through the newsgroup and the Offline Forum may help you here).
I think keyboards should be around $US100-150 and midi boxes about the same, or just put a really good card (Ensoniq or SW AWE64 Gold or the good Roland card about $US200-300?) and good speakers in your PC

Andrew