Skip to main content
Topic: Controller Support in NWC 2? (Read 2181 times) previous topic - next topic

Controller Support in NWC 2?

After expirimenting with a trial of NWC 1.75, I must say I'm impressed with a number of features, but one flaw stands out significantly...

contoller implementation.

While the interface for MPCs is wonderful, the awkward limit on what controllers can actually be entered (for example, we have CC6 but not CC100 and CC101! We are limited to a small list of controllers, many of which are not supported by most soundcards, and have no access to some very useful ones with wide support.) is a major setback for me...

If you have the option to enter controllers by their number (ie, insert an MPC that sets CC100 to 0. Insert an MPC that sets CC101 to zero. Insert an MPC with the "Data Slider" controller (or just CC6) to set the pitch bend range) either to replace, or MUCH more useful, as an alternative ot the current method (it could be very straightforward...use a radio button to select either a drop-down box like now or short text field to set a specific one) then I will be more than willing to pay for this software, as it could replace what I use now entirely...and if SysEx support is added as well, there would be little to no need to use anything else.

So my question is, can (or will) NWC2 have support for the full range of controllers, and possibly SysEx? Thanks for your help!

Re: Controller Support in NWC 2?

Reply #1
I wasn't aware that SysEx was supported in programs of this type (music notation with MIDI capability), rather only in programs specifically intended as sequencers. Or am I misinformed?

I'm told that the free "MidiOx" can be of some assistance.

Reply #2
> I wasn't aware that SysEx was supported in programs of this
> type (music notation with MIDI capability), rather only in
> programs specifically intended as sequencers. Or am I
> misinformed?

Dear misinformed

Let's take a look at your own statement....

> music notation with MIDI capability

with MIDI capability ... with MIDI capability ... with MIDI capability

Reply #3
... "With MIDI capability" does not necessarily mean the complete General MIDI specification. I would expect a sequencer to have the full spec. A music notation program, not necessarily.

I have an inexpensive but very good Yamaha MIDI keyboard. But it does not have the General MIDI specification.