Skip to main content
Topic: whole staff missing (Read 2673 times) previous topic - next topic

whole staff missing

Help:  When I open NWC and request NEW (example piano staff), I only get ONE measure to work with...how do I get whole lines of measures and staffs?  Thanks

Re: whole staff missing

Reply #1
Just start entering clefs, key signatures, time signatures, notes, rests, bars, etc. etc.  The staff will grow to accommodate what ever you put into it.  Note, though, that when you are editing (or listening using the NoteWorthy Player) the staff (or staves) just runs on from left to right.  It only "folds" when you print it, or look at it using print preview.

Also, each staff extends independently.  If you have a piano template, with two staves, and you enter the right hand, the lower staff will simply sit there, with the initial single measure.  Don't worry, when you go back and enter the bass it, to will extend, and the bar lines will connect from one staff to the other.

Browse through the forum and read some of the questions and answers.  You will find lots of good advice, plus a lot of complaints.  Just remember, for the money (and many of us fell for almost ANY money) NoteWorthy is a sterling program.

Reply #2
See the other message thread, about "PS to whole staff missing."

Reply #3
And hello, Cyril. You and I replied simultaneously.

Reply #4
At least we agreed with each other.  Got to set a good example for the newcomers!