Skip to main content
Topic: Few notes not sounding on playback (Read 6971 times) previous topic - next topic

Few notes not sounding on playback

I have a small song (syhn voice & piano) where a few non-consequtive notes do not sound when being played back (F5).

All three staves can be played separetely OK.

One inelegant fix is to copy the vocal stave, delete it and add a new one below the piano then paste back the original. Making a new version with the vocal staff as the first staff does not work.

Version 1.31b & c.

Re: Few notes not sounding on playback

Reply #1
I've noticed a similar problem. If I have two staves (two voices), one of which has, say, a whole note and the other of which has a quarter note of the same pitch, when I play back the piece the quarter note's termination overrides the whole note. In other words, you hear only the quarter note and not the whole note.

Sometimes I have to make temporary edits to the score in order to get the ensemble to play back correctly.

Re: Few notes not sounding on playback

Reply #2
Steve Bache wrote:

"If I have two staves (two voices), one of which has, say, a whole note and the other of which has a quarter note of the same pitch, when I play back the piece the quarter note's termination overrides the whole note. In other words, you hear only the quarter note and not the whole note."

This shouldn't occur if both staves are on separate MIDI channels. If they are on the same channel, this is normal.