Skip to main content
Topic: Noteworthy Plug-in Problem with IE 6.0 (Read 2249 times) previous topic - next topic

Noteworthy Plug-in Problem with IE 6.0

I know that this problem has be talked about many times.  But does ANYONE have a solution.  I have just published a website, for my church, and have an extensive music page.  Some of my choir members have no problem at all.  In fact, one is using IE 6.0.2.... version.  Thanks.

Re: Noteworthy Plug-in Problem with IE 6.0

Reply #1
Microsoft has not shown any public intent to re-enable support for standard plugins in IE. We do not have any near term plans to adopt Microsoft's plug-in architecture, so the best option for using the nwc plugin is to use it with a browser that supports standard plugins.

Reply #2
Forgive my ignorance please.  I am still new to computers and especially to this wonderful music program.

I am using IE version 6.  Please tell me what browser would be best to use with Noteworthy Composer.

Reply #3
In a nutshell, there are browsers like Opera, Mozilla and NetScape, all of which work on Windows, and should support the Noteworthy Plugin. I can vouch for Mozilla, having just used it.

See http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/plugin.htm for more info, including the line:
This product has been tested with all of the following browsers:
- Netscape Navigator 4.75
- Netscape Navigator 4.08
- Netscape Navigator 3.04
- Netscape 6
- Opera 6
- Opera 5
- Internet Explorer 6 (SEE NOTE)
- Internet Explorer 5.5
- Internet Explorer 5
- Internet Explorer 4
- Internet Explorer 3 (32-bit) (requires installing with "Other Browser" option)

HTH,
A