Skip to main content
Topic: GLISSANDO (Read 7584 times) previous topic - next topic

GLISSANDO

Somebody knows if I can made glissandos in NOTEWORTHY COMPOSER ???

Thanks.

Re: GLISSANDO

Reply #1
Damn! I wrote out a whole explanation but the submit didn't work. I keep getting "Invalid Page Request
Invalid attempt to post a new reply. Use the links on the web site."
:-(

Try again. In short, yes.
1) If a piano gliss - very easy. Simply notate.
2) If trombone, violin, etc more tricky.
a) Need to use pitch-bend "multipoint controller" (NWC's midi effect controller). Pitch bend is normally set at  2 semitones, so not too hard to do a bend of up to 4 semitones.
b) To do more, you need to link them over two channels, overlapping the volumes to get a smoothe gliss. This is a bit tricky, but feasible.
c) See Gliss Example by Fred Nachbaur for an example. You will need to look at the hidden staves to see what's going on.

HTH.

Re: GLISSANDO

Reply #3
To notate a gliss (far different from hearing it) either
a) simply notate it as you would any other 2 notes and after the score is printed draw in the line between (adding gliss. or glissando above is also recommended, by who? me!)
B) in addition to the above, for longer glissandi or those that cover more than one stave, adding and then hiding rests will keep the noes seperated spatially while still allowing for the graphical representation.
c) yes MIDI pitch bend will help, however the results will varry depending upon the playback device. most now use 2 word pitch bend but some older synths might be using single word pitch bend. usually the older synths will disregard the extra data and still give you a decent sweep up/down but the pitch resolution won't be that good. Also, make sure that if you are using outboad gear for the playback of your MIDI data that gears pitchbend range is set correctly. (sometimes this is under a keymap window, sometimes system, really depends upon the synth, chek your manual)