Skip to main content
Topic: Synchronization with my groovbox SP505(BOSS) (Read 2779 times) previous topic - next topic

Synchronization with my groovbox SP505(BOSS)

Howzy going?!,

I'm Bert from Toulouse(France) and i've a question dealing with the synchronisation. I've succed to insert into a proper staff, an event from my SP505(external device such as a keyboard). This staff is part of a song that i've composed with NWC(composed itself by several staffs).
My problem is: i can't play at the same time the NWC song and the song from my groovbox. However i'm able to play the event written on the staff i've recorded previously, using the internal pads of the Sp505(only with NWC, with the SP505 plugged with MIDI plugs I/O).
I'm trying to do that cause i'd like to synchronyze the SP505 and NWC songs.
I think it's possible to synchronize a NWC song with an external device thanks to a midi clock message, but i can't find how to succed in accumplishing this stuff!
Can you help me please!
Take it easy to all of you guys!
Bert.

Ps: i hope you have understood my question, please excuse my french.....english sorry!

Re: Synchronization with my groovbox SP505(BOSS)

Reply #1
NWC does not send MIDI clock signals. If you are doing this kind of thing, you best bet is to use sequencing software, which is designed for such tasks. Before you start, you can export your NWC file as a MIDI file (using Save As), and can also import any MIDI files that you sequence using File open.

Reply #2
Thank you very much to answer so quickly to my requests.
2 questions were raised in my previous e-mail, the MIDI message clock and the possibility to play at the same time with 2 differents springs.

You've answered to the MIDI clock message, but i'm still wondering if it's possible to play, on the same song, some staffs using internal computer patterns i mean instruments(MPU401 for instance) and at the same time some staffs using the external pads from the SP505.
I've succeded to record on the same sheet (on a NWC song) severals staffs i've created using the song from the MPU-401(in my computer), and a new staff thanks to the SP505.I've pressed the play button on the SP505 and the notes were displayed on this new staff(without pressing the record button or importing a MIDI file).
After it I've pressed the play button on NWC, then the song played was only the new staff that i've just recorded (using the SP505 instruments).
After changing some stuff in the MIDI menu(select devices...) only the other staffs were played as if the last recorded didn't exist!
So .....? my question is : is it possible to play at the same time on a noteworthy composer file a song with 2 differents sources(MPU401 and SP505))?

Take care NoteWorthy addicted guys!

Reply #3
You can use NWC to play into multiple devices. Select the devices you want to use from Tools|Options|Midi, then map a staff to a device from Staff|Staff Properties|Midi|Play back device.

Reply #4
Thank you!