Skip to main content
Topic: Invisible notes (Read 3099 times) previous topic - next topic

Invisible notes

I have noticed that, if you render notes invisible, they take up no space.  In the previous version, you could see the space on the print preview.  My way of doing multi-measure rests was to make several measures with sixteenth notes, make the measure lines and notes invisible, and use text to make the appropriate measure rest (a rest symbol and a number.  These would be visible. You can do something similar now with the hidden local repeats, but my method retained the correct measure numbers (which can still be done by using my method with the local repeat in the middle of it). If you don't do this, text imposed on hidden will look odd, because the measures will have disappeared, and so the text runs into the following measures.

Re: Invisible notes

Reply #1
When I do orchestra parts and have a 56-measure rest, I have to use three measures of invisible rests, 50 measures of invisible grace rests, and three more measures of invisible rests.  Otherwise, the multi-measure rest takes up too much space.  I for one will be glad to begin using NWC2 so that I won't have to do that anymore.  What I will need to do to compensate is add a bit of "padding" so that it does take up some space.  I will do this by adding a text item, using a simple space, preserve width.
I hope NWC2 comes out soon...

Re: Invisible notes

Reply #2
The problem is that the space disappears, and can't be "padded" with text.  If you put in the rest, you will still need to make sure you have enough measures somewhere for your measure count to be okay. Using my modification (above) of  Stephen Hutcheson's suggestion (https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=4269.msg26871#msg26871) works.