Skip to main content
Topic: crescendo, chord, compressed rests (Read 3808 times) previous topic - next topic

crescendo, chord, compressed rests

I am considering registering this program, but I have a few questions. Can NWC make crescendos like
________
<________ ?

Can NWC do chords?

and finally, can NWC do compressed rests such as |----2---|

Re: crescendo, chord, compressed rests

Reply #1
> Can NWC make crescendos like ________ <________ ?

Yes, with a suitable "user font" such as "Crescendo" (available at the NWC Scriptorium)

> Can NWC do chords?

Yes.

> and finally, can NWC do compressed rests such as |---2---|

Yes, again using a suitable user font (in this case "Boxmarks", also available at the Scriptorium).

Looking forward to welcoming you as a new registered user! :)

Fred

Reply #2
THANK YOU! I have downloaded both fonts!

What I should have asked about the chords is how to make them besides creating a text box....

Reply #3
I too need some help on chords, although I know you can't actually link them automatically to the music, so a text expression is as close as you can get.

The problem is that (AFAIK) you have to use two different fonts (and therefore two text expression) to produce a chord symbol like C#7 properly. The letter can come from an ordinary font, and the sharp and number from NWC, but it's all very fiddly.

Anyone got a good way of achieveing this?

Peter

Reply #4
The Bach font (link to it at NWC Scriptorium) contains both text and music symbols, so it should let you enter chord symbols in a single string. I have not personally tried it.