Skip to main content
Recent Posts
General Discussion / Re: Changing to another computer
Last post by Lawrie Pardy -
Now I reach another problem: the USB-drives of the old computer seem to be not working: a hardware problem. So I cannot copy the wanted file to an USB-stick. The easiest way to obtain the file is via my sister, who lives in the same place as I. What do you think: this will be the right thing to do?

Email it/them to yourself?

Mike's answer is best if you have the authenticity ID
Last post by JPaulus -
Now I reach another problem: the USB-drives of the old computer seem to be not working: a hardware problem. So I cannot copy the wanted file to an USB-stick. The easiest way to obtain the file is via my sister, who lives in the same place as I. What do you think: this will be the right thing to do?
The first 4 I don't think will help at the moment.

BUT, the 5th one:
setup_nwc2_nwc175cd exe       13- 05-2009
might be what you need.  This is actually a very important file for you if it's what I think it is.  You said you've installed V1.75 from CD, I think this one is the upgrade from V1.75 to an early V2.  It may ask you to insert the V1.75 CD during the install process for verification purposes.

If I'm correct this will get a V2 copy installed, which should then be upgradeable online to the current version.

After install try to do an online upgrade.  (launch NWC2, click Help, then click "Access noteworthycomposer.com").  This should take you a page where you can download an upgrade file to the current V2.75a.2.
If this doesn't work try installing each of the files you've found in date order, doing the upgrade check between each one until you find one that the upgrade  works from.

Don't install the demo you found, it has limited functionality (though I don't remember what the limitations are).

For information, this:
nwc2                                exe        01-09-2017
is the actual NWC program itself.  You can't simply copy it over as there are essential registry updates that must happen, as well as other ancillary directories and files that must be added.
Last post by JPaulus -
Hi,

Thank you for your help.
I can find some of the directories and files you mention:

On the old computer I have in the Setups-directory these files:
      nwcupd_from_v2.5.4     exe       05-04-2014
      nwcupd_from_v2.51.0   exe       04-06-2014
      nwcupd_from_v2.51.1    exe       02-02-2016
      nwcupd_from_v2.75      exe       28- 11-2017
      setup_nwc2_nwc175cd exe       13- 05-2009
      setup_nwc21_upg          exe       30-04-2010
      setup_nwc25_upg         exe        08-05-2012

In the NoteWorthy Composer 2 directory I have the file
      nwc2                                exe        01-09-2017

The executable setup_nwc275a.exe I cannot find. But there is a file LICENSE.RTF with the USER LICENSE AGREEMENT in it.

What will I do in order to proceed?

Hi,
It's not clear if you were using Version 2.x on the old computer.

If you were using version 2, then look under (on the old computer):
For 32 bit Windows: "C:\Program Files\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Setups"
OR
For 64 bit Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Setups"

You should find an executable file called "setup_nwc275a.exe" or similar - the version part might be different.  This file can be used to install NWC2 to your new computer.
General Discussion / Changing to another computer
Last post by JPaulus -
Until now I am starting Noteworthy Composer on a small Samsung Notebook.
This system is very slow, so I bought a moderner laptop.
Now I have installed my 1.75 version from CD on this new laptop.
But how I must continue when I want to upgrade?
My problem is, that I do not possess a billing card any more!
Am I able to pay the new version with Ideal?
Object Plugins / Re: GuitarChord.ms (2.2)
Last post by Mike Shawaluk -
The GuitarChord.ms object has been updated to version 2.2, with the following change:
  • Corrected a bug where playback did not honor current staff transposition.

Please refer to the parent post for a description of the available parameters and a sample clip.