Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI connection to my computer (Read 1988 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI connection to my computer

I have a Universal Sound Card MIDI Connector cable.  I connected the midi out and in into the keyboard and i plugged male connector into the sound card.  Nothing is happening,Is there something else i need to buy? Please help,Thank you.

Re: MIDI connection to my computer

Reply #1
You didn't say how you plugged it into the keyboard. MIDI OUT goes to keyboard IN, and MIDI IN goes to keyboard OUT.

Then you have to set the playback device to your MPU-401 device (in NWC Tools | Options | Midi, and preferably also in Control Panel | Multimedia | Midi).

Re: MIDI connection to my computer

Reply #2
I would like to know how you did in connecting your Midi keyboard to ur computer. Did it work? I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with the Midi in/out on the front panel. I have an Ensonic ESQ1 that I tried to connect the Midi in/out to on the computer. I never hear a thing. I also connected the audio outs from the keyboard the the inputs on the front panel. Nothing. If I connect the Keyboard to a different set of speakers, I hear it, but with the computer nothing. I do not have a multimedia area in my Windows XP control panel, but I remember setting everthing up so many different ways. I wonder why no sound? Can u help?
Thx