Skip to main content
Topic: Installing Boxmarks (Read 2127 times) previous topic - next topic

Installing Boxmarks

I'm a bit new to NWC, but I do a lot of editing Orthodox Church Music (choral), which commonly uses the double-barreled whole notes for 'recitatives'. I read that Boxmarks2 has the double-barreled mark as text- how do I install it? I went to the Sciptorium, and downloaded the zipped Boxmarks2 file to my windows Fonts file. Then, I extracted it, and copied the Boxmarks2ttf file into that same Fonts folder. Then, I went to NWC, opened a score, did Page Setup, Fonts, User1, modify, but couldn't find the Boxmarks file. When I went back to Windos Fonts, there it was. What am I missing.? My computer is Windows XP. Thanks for the help.
Philip

Re: Installing Boxmarks

Reply #1
Try rebooting your computer, that might be all it takes for Windows to recognize the new font.

However, in general, it's best to use the "Install New Font" utility in the System | Fonts applet. This will insure that Windows knows about the new font on the system. The "shortcut" approach you used can work, but it could also cause weird things to happen. (If such weird things do occur, the best way to fix them in my experience is to use the "Repair fonts folder" utility in "Tweak UI", a collection of Windows utilities available from Microsoft).