Skip to main content
Topic: problems printing my composition (Read 2484 times) previous topic - next topic

problems printing my composition

I recently received the full version of NoteWorthy Composer 1.75 for Christmas, and have been using it since (all of four days.) Anyway, I entered a composition contest my local PTA is sponsoring, which includes the necessity of a printed score so that they can judge the music better. I printed out a few copies of my 4 and a half minute long song with NoteWorthy; however, a large problem arose. Apparently, printing goes just fine, up to the 18th page. Then it starts blanking out long segments of each staff, some of which are playing at that point in the song. I can't figure out why this happens, but it only seems to occur when I change the staff size (in points) to 8 instead of the preferred 9. While changing it to 8 does allow me to print the entire composition, it is very small and doesn't offer much help to someone who doesn't know the piece of music very well. Any ideas why this is happening, and if so, how to correct it?

Re: problems printing my composition

Reply #1
Such printing anomalies can happen if you have staves of different lengths. While NoteWorthy Composer lets you mix 'n' match staff lengths, results can be very unpredictable when trying to print them.

Pad out any short staves with measures of whole rests as necessary, and I'd be willing to bet that your trouble goes away.

Re: problems printing my composition

Reply #2
Without your file, it is hard to tell you the problem. Fred points out one likely cause. Another possible problem is caused when measures are not the same length in all staves. If your bar lines do not match up, you will not get proper print output. You can use the Audit Bar Lines facility to find bars that do not match the time signature that you are using.