Skip to main content
Topic: Clipboard Feature (Read 3505 times) previous topic - next topic

Clipboard Feature

Hello,
I'm working on a Music XML -> NWC2 Clipboard grammar translator tool and I looking for a grammar keyword to create a new staff, so I could load all music staffs with one user tool command. Do you know if this functionality is available, or should it be possible to have it implemented in the NWC2 version ?
JF

Re: Clipboard Feature

Reply #1
If you are using User Tools to do this, you'll have to do it on a staff by staff basis.
AFAICT, User Tools are single staff only at the moment.
I'd suggest doing this as a first step anyway. :-)
One little restriction at the moment is that "generators" such as yours (which is generating a clip from information translated from an external file), and one I'm writing at the moment, can't start with an empty staff.
This is easily worked around by simply putting any item in the staff, but it is an annoyance. I've mentioned it to Eric.

Reply #2
Hello,
Do you think it is something that we can have for the definitive NWC2 version ? It will very useful to create and load all staffs at a time.
Thanks
JF

Reply #3
You'd need to ask Eric that question. (I suppose you are!)
My hunch is that multi-stave clips will be a little way off, as we wait for the dust to settle single-staff clips.
I imagine that multi-staff or "block" cut-and-paste would happen first.

Reply #4
Ooh, wow, if you'll forgive me the expression!
That would be worth gold!
I've struggled often enough, bar after bar, keeping exact track of what bars I cut and pasted, to repeat the process painstakingly for (most of the time) 3 more staves.

Block cut & paste, to the top of the Christmas list!

Rob.

Reply #5
Whoah!

Don't misunderstand me! I'm just a user like you guys.
But my feeling is that that would be the order of events.
As to the timing... way beyond my ken.

Reply #6
I'm sure I put that into the wish list a long time ago too..

Stuart

Reply #7
I said:
"One little restriction at the moment is that "generators" such as yours (which is generating a clip from information translated from an external file), and one I'm writing at the moment, can't start with an empty staff."

Update 1e allegedly does this now, though I think there is a bug with it (reported), so let's look forward to 1f. :-)

Reply #8
Yes, this will be fixed in 1f, which will be available sometime this weekend.