Skip to main content
Topic: Can NW2 accept "new line" in staff? (Read 3603 times) previous topic - next topic

Can NW2 accept "new line" in staff?

What I mean is, would it be possible to enter a "new line" after a bar line, say, so that the staff continues on a new line below the prior one?  I play the guitar, so I don't really need multiple staffs for the music, but I would prefer to see the music more or less as it appears on actual sheet music.

Re: Can NW2 accept "new line" in staff?

Reply #1
Yes !

Go to the properties for the bar line (select bar line and then press ALT and enter key combination)
Check the box that says "Force System Break"
(This has to be done on the top staff - but since you said you didn't need multiple staffs, it always will be the top one)

Rich.

Re: Can NW2 accept "new line" in staff?

Reply #2
If you mean to display multiple lines (of the same staff) on the screen in the editor mode, then no, you can't do that.  You can do as Richard suggested ("force system break"), but this will only show up in print preview or on the printed page.  You won't see it on the main screen.

NWC edits notation as one long sequence of bars.  It's only in the print settings that you get the end of line breaks.
John