Skip to main content
Topic: Recording (Read 2233 times) previous topic - next topic

Recording

I am evaulating Noteworthy and I want to try recording a song, seeing the score in four part harmony (satb), transposing it into a different key, and printing the score.  The problem is I can't seem to record.  I use a rhythm background and can hear that but no sound from my keyboard is heard.  I have CoolEdit Pro and can record to it so I suppose my configuration is correct.  Can you not record on the evaluation copy of noteworthy?

Re: Recording

Reply #1
You can record with the evaluation. CoolEdit Pro is a digital audio application, so the fact that it works is not an indicator that your keyboard's MIDI setup is correct. These are different things.

You should first concentrate on making your MIDI keyboard work in step-time entry. Enable Tools|Midi Input Active, and then open a blank score. With NWC active, any notes that you press on the MIDI keyboard should show up on the active staff in NWC. If they do not show up, then you have some setup to do. There are lots of existing threads on this topic in this forum if you need help with this.