Skip to main content
Topic: Need Fine-Tuning (Read 2142 times) previous topic - next topic

Need Fine-Tuning

I downloaded the demo of Noteworthy composer and I took one of my Beethoven books and entered Rondo a Capriccio into notation.  I'm not very good at making it sound natural.  The scriptorium says I have to be registered to submit a file... I was wondering if someone would take a look at it and try to give me some pointers.

Re: Need Fine-Tuning

Reply #1
Welcome Chris!
The software you downloaded is not a demo but a fully functional version, excepted in a limited number of saving a same file, etc. But you can do a full score as with the registered version.
The scriptorium is a place where to put files which are preferably in final state, not scores which still need work to be correct.
The proper place for that is either here in the forum, if you provide a link to your file that you put somewhere on a web site of yours (you may refer to user tip #138); or in the newsgroup, which is intensively used for that. However, the current newsgroup is only for reg'd users, contrary to the previous ones. I've no NNTP access, so I won't be of more help on that :(
I remember that there are also some (yahoo) groups for discussing NWC. You can find them via the (yahoo) site.

In some words, you'll make your scores sound more real if you use some expression (slightly varying velocity, tempo, etc.). Just try :)
Many things have been said on that matter on the forum. Just seek and read.

HTH!