Skip to main content
Topic: Bug in Preview 1z (Read 3905 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug in Preview 1z

When ever press I Open or Save as and the windo comes up, if I leave it to long, all of NWC will just dissapear. I must restart it, and it is lucky it has an autosave otherwise I would have lost lots of Composition data. This does, or has not yet happened in any other software regardless of how long that, Save as/Open window is in the screen.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ArcticWind7

Re: Bug in Preview 1z

Reply #1
What are your system details? Do your system logs reveal anything about this problem?

I started NWC2 on three different computers here (using Windows XP SP2, 2000, and 98). I opened the File, Open box on all three. All three have been running for over an hour with no trouble.

Reply #2
I left NWC2 at the File, Open prompt for over 16 hours on all three of these computers, with no ill effects.

I seem to recall one or two prior reports of this kind of issue in the past. If you have any details that shed light on the cause, please post them.

Reply #3
Windows XP SP2 is what OS I am using.

Do your system logs reveal anything about this problem?
How could I find this to check?

I have only found this with the latest one (z).

Reply #4
From the desktop, right click on My Computer and select Manage. The Event Viewer is where system events are generally logged.

Whatever is causing this on your system, I'm pretty sure that it is not specific to NWC2 Preview 1z.

Reply #5
I can't see how/why NWC would do it, but it doesn't happen with other applications.

Reply #6
With these kind of things, you cannot really compare applications. Something on your system is causing NWC2 to crash.

The easiest first step is to identify what happens to the 32-bit edition of NWC1. Does it crash under the same circumstances?

Reply #7
I chekced that place you suggest I check, and it didn't register anything.

It has not and is not happening with NWC1.

Reply #8
OK. How about the NWC Viewer...does it have the problem?

After the problem happens, have you checked the Task Manager to see if NWC2.exe is present?