Skip to main content
Topic: Problem under Windows Vista (Read 3259 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem under Windows Vista

I get an error in the viewer if I try to adjust the volume or transfer to NWC2 running under Windows Vista on a HPG60 laptop. Does any know anything about this problem or know of a fix? I also get a similar problem in NWC2 itself, although I can adjust volume from the system tray or the control panel without any problem! Thanks for any help!

DocPMK

Re: Problem under Windows Vista

Reply #1
I don't use Vista but since no one else has responded ...

This looks like a permissions problem. I suggest that you try logging in as the Admin (or whatever Vista calls the user with the highest security clearance) and report back as to whether the problem goes away or not.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Note sure what you mean by transfer, but the volume control in NWC2 and its Viewer does not currently function in Vista. Microsoft changed the name for the volume control utility in Vista, so the best way to go to the system volume control is to actually double click the speaker icon in the Vista tray (usually in the lower right of the screen).

See also:

Reply #3
With respect to the Viewer, I would think that "transfer to NWC2" means File->Send to NWC 2... (Ctrl+2).
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
When using the send to NWC1/2 in the Viewer, the file is simply passed to the Windows shell using the "nwc1" and "nwc2" verbs. The "nwc2" verb is established by the NWC2 installer. If any manual changes are made to a NWC installation (for example, moving or changing the name of the folder), corresponding changes have to be made to any registry settings that reference those files.