Skip to main content
Topic: NWC2 (Read 2631 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC2

I have somewhere in the region of 900 arrangements (mostly orchestral / brass) in 1.75
If I do save them as "2", can someone please just reaaure that I won't lose if NWC change something fundamental to "2" ??  (Hope that makes sense!)

Re: NWC2

Reply #1
You will lose them in the sense that you will never be able to save them from version 2 in version 1 format.

You might consider making backups of all of them, maybe just be using Explorer to copy them to a backup directory before you open them in version 2.  Alternatively, just save them to a new filename as soon as you open them in version 2.

However, don't worry too much.  Version 2 is fully functional - I've been using it for over a year (I was one of the betatesters) and I find I can do everything with it that I could do in version 1. And that's after notating around 40 big band scores.

Re: NWC2

Reply #2
When first using NWC2, you should probably save backups of your 1.75 work, just in case. There are fundamental changes to score layout in NWC2 that will impact your score layout.

You can get a sense of how your score appearance might change in the current NWC2 Preview by using the NWC2 Viewer.