Skip to main content
Topic: More text formatting problems (Read 2067 times) previous topic - next topic

More text formatting problems

Hello again!

A large part of my previous problem was that I was running Noteworthy Composer 1.51.  I upgraded to 1.75 and found things quite a bit better.

But not yet perfect.  The root problem is that text belongs to the measure under or over its starting dot.  It appears that text can only be moved to the right of its dot, not to the left.

I have text set at next note/bar, and positioned so that it is even with the next bar.  The insertion point is in measure N, but the text appears with its left edge even with the bar starting measure N+1.  I just printed out my arrangement, and saw two problems.  In one case, a measure at the end of a line has text starting at the next bar.  The text appeared after the end of the measure, on the first line, instead of after the start of the next measure, on the next line.  In another case, I have three pieces of text above each other.  On top is "Verse 1: Rob".  Under it is "C", and under that is "E".  This appears over measure 30, as it's supposed to.  But measure 29, which merely contains a whole rest, has been lengthened to hold each of the three pieces of text!

Text can be positioned as I want it, but space is still being allocated in the measures as though the text appeared one after the other.

Rob, suffering from a significant lack of coherence.

Re: More text formatting problems

Reply #1
If you want the text to be positioned to the left of the anchor, choose "Right" in the "Justification" pulldown in the text properties dialog. Similarly, you can use center justification to position the text such that the anchor is at the middle of the text expression.

Assuming that you are placing chord names, I would recommend putting them at the actual note where the change is occurring (usually the first note of the measure) rather than at the barline. Use left justification, Alignment/Placement "At next note/bar", and be sure to turn Preserve width off.