Skip to main content
Topic: Using a Greek Font (Read 2467 times) previous topic - next topic

Using a Greek Font

How do I change fonts for lyrics. I tried using page setup, Fonts Tab, Staff Lyric, Modify, change font with no change. Am I missing something?

Re: Using a Greek Font

Reply #2
Thanks, Ann, but Chris's question is a bit of a head-scratcher. The procedure he described should do what you expect. In other words, "WFM" (works for me).

Maybe try a reboot. Amazing what weird Windows problems can be sometimes be cured by restarting.

Re: Using a Greek Font

Reply #3
The message thread started with the title "Greek font." Any 256-code True Type font ought to work, if it would work when used in a word processor. Characters beyond the keyboard set can be chosen from a character map.

But the characters that ppear in the text editor, as you type or paste them in, will be the corresponding ISO-Latin characters. That is, you may install a user font with Greek letters for use as text within NWC. Typing A, B may give the Greek capitals Alpha, Beta. It will look like Alpha, Beta when you close the text editor and view the music window. It will print as Alpha, Beta. But when you are still inside the text editor, it will look like A, B.

Perchance that was the problem?