Skip to main content
Topic: Version 1.5 16 bit comments. (Read 4833 times) previous topic - next topic

Version 1.5 16 bit comments.

Noteworthy -
Thanks for the 16 bit 1.5 preview. Here are a number of comments / strange goings on .

Dot cycling

The cycling action between dot, double dot and no dot seems to no longer work.
It now only works with dot and no dot even if the double dot is configured on the tool bar.
There appears to be no keyboard method of selecting the double dot.
This worked O.K. on the 32 bit preview 2.

Split tail (2 notes on the same vertical position)

If you have two eighth notes tails up (for example) connected by a beam and you add a tails
down to the first note, the second note also goes tails down but one tail only. If you then
try to add a tails up to the second note you can't because it is really a tails up note already.
In this instance you can therefore add a tails down note to a note that already looks
tails down and end up with a proper tails up and down chord.

Beamed tails up and tails down notes look very strange since beamed notes of this nature should
really have the beam on both the up and down tails on this type of chord.
If you could program this it would look better and also form the basis for a cure for the minor
fault described above. You will of course be aware that general beamed chords where the split is
not on the same vertical position also would look better if the beam could be applied to both the
notes pointing up as well as those pointing down. Any chance Eric?

Help notes.

In the help notes, within the new features section, you state that the grace notes are not heard on playback.
This may have been true on preview 1 but they sure sound now ! - Please keep it like that! We want them to sound.

Chord member command in the help notes the first para (1) will need to be amended to allow for split stem
chords.

Song Author Info
This always used to be available during play but no longer seems to be.

Version Banner
The version banner which gives the info on who the software is licensed to and also which version
is being used no longer appears on loading the program.

Richard

Re: Version 1.5 16 bit comments.

Reply #1
Richard,
Could you forward these to beta@noteworthysoftware.com? They are all things that Eric should be made immediately aware of.

Andrew

Reply #2
The double dot icon does not show on the tool bar
in 1.5 Beta 3 32-bit. Can be accessed by Note menu.

NWC does not support the beaming of opposite stems. One
solution for Richard is to enter the split tail (2 notes on
the same vertical position)sequence of notes and then beam
the group. See Beam command in help menu. NOTES MUST BE
ENTERED FIRST and then beamed.

Licensing information (version banner) is available thru
help/about in 1.5 Beta 3. I don't really see an advantage
on having the licensing info show up on loading the program.
My opinion only. It is info for the user only.

Reply #3
Andrew

I have posted an E-mail to Noteworthy. But I also think that these comments are useful in the forum since others will then know that the problem has been raised and not bombard Noteworthy with the same errors.

R

Reply #4
Try customizing your tool bars and you should find the
double dot. See my comments in the Newsgroup/Forum.
Check for the Select Zoom Icon which also may not show in 16 bit
but should be accessible thru customizing tool bars.

I got caught on a similar situation several weeks ago when
I could not find the down note arrow. That makes two times.
Tsk Tsk

Reply #5
Don,
I know about customising the double dot. What I am trying to point out is that the cycling action where you hit the full stop key on your keyboard and Noteworthy will cycle selection through dot, double dot and no dot doesn't happen any more EVEN IF THE DOUBLE DOT IS CUSTOMISED and there appears now to be no KEYBOARD selection of the double dot.

Richard

Reply #6
I rather like the bug without the cycling through the double dot. I think most music scores do not need a double dot, and when you want to cancel a dot, you had to press it twice.