Skip to main content
Topic: When printing, is there a way to make the clef only appear on the top most staff (Read 3302 times) previous topic - next topic

When printing, is there a way to make the clef only appear on the top most staff

I was hoping that the clef doesnt have to appear on every single staff in the printout, is it possible to make it go away and print only on the top most staff?

Thanks

Gary

Re: When printing, is there a way to make the clef only appear on the top most staff

Reply #1
You can do it "by hand" only.  Insert a new staff, select it, press Cntl/E, select viability, and change it to Never.  You will need to place a visible clef before each page break followed by a hidden one before the next system.

Sorry we don't have anything more streamlined.
Since 1998

Re: When printing, is there a way to make the clef only appear on the top most staff

Reply #2
ok thanks, that works

Reply #3
Pardon me for asking, but why would you want to do that?

Reply #4
Pardon me for asking, but why would you want to do that?
My guess is he is printing music for a marching band.  Their music is barely larger than index cards and removing a clef that doesn't change is a way to save valuable space.
Since 1998