Skip to main content
Topic: Hint (Read 4097 times) previous topic - next topic

Hint

While notating, I found myself selecting a dynamic marker and pressing '+' to switch from F to FF.
Nothing happened, naturally, by why not to implement it?

Of course that could be only applicable when the only item selected is a dynamic marker.

Ça va sans dire, the '-' key could go the other way...

Re: Hint (+-) Speed Key extension to Dynamics, etc.

Reply #1
Concur. This could be done for all objects where a list is the first property:

ObjectProperty List
DynamicStyleppp|pp|mp|mf|f|ff|fff
DynamicVarianceStyleSforzando|Rinforzando|Diminuendo|Decrescendo|Crescendo
TempoStyleEighth|Eighth Dotted|Quarter|Quarter Dotted|Half|Half Dotted
SustainPedalStyleReleased|Down
TempoVarianceStyle<various>|Fermata|Ceasura|Breath Mark
PerformanceStyleStyleTenuto|Staccato|Semplice|Legato
TextFontUsern|etc.
Registered user since 1996

Re: Hint

Reply #2
Good idea. I notice that Rick's list includes a change in the way the +/- keys currently operate on note durations, inserting a dotted value between each set of adjacent full durations. This also seems like a good idea.

Reply #3
Good idea. I notice that Rick's list includes a change in the way the +/- keys currently operate on note durations, inserting a dotted value between each set of adjacent full durations. This also seems like a good idea.
Umm, actually, Rick seems to be referring to metronome marks rather than note duration changes.

Personally, I would prefer the +/- note duration functionality to remain as it is.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
I'm with Lawrie.

Reply #5

I notice that Rick's list includes a change in the way the +/- keys currently operate on note durations, inserting a dotted value between each set of adjacent full durations. This also seems like a good idea.

Sorry, Bill, I think it would cause me too much grief.  The current system for dotting and double dotting notes works very well for me.  I'm with Lawrie and Flurmy on this.