Skip to main content
Topic: Wow! (Read 4205 times) previous topic - next topic

Wow!

During the last holidays I spent some time transcribing music.
I was aware, from the community, of the many useful changes added to the latest NWC version, but to see them at work was a very pleasing surprise.
How much better!

Only a small complaint: in the lyrics editor there is no undo/redo function.
I think it was present before, or my memory betrays me?
Anyway I think it could be an useful addition (for someone that makes a lot of mistakes like me...).

Re: Wow!

Reply #1
The edit boxes in the Lyric Editor numbered tabs support a single Undo as a standard Windows function. Ctrl+Z, or a right click plus Undo, will trigger it.

You can also Undo Lyrics from within the main NWC2 after closing the lyric editor.

Reply #2
Got it!
I used <alt><bkspace> as undo instead of <ctrl>Z.
That's why it seemed missing.

Were once <alt><bkspace> supported in NWC?

Reply #3
No. Old versions of the standard Windows controls probably supported it.

Reply #4
Within NoteWorthy, Alt+BS works as Undo in single line edit controls, but not in multi line edit controls. For example, in the Info Command, Alt+BS will undo anything except Comments.

In looking at MSDN's About Edit Controls, I see several messages dedicated to processing Alt+BS. NoteWorthy behaves exactly like 'Windows Address Book' (wab.exe) which was the only standard windows app I could find that uses a multi line edit control. NotePad and WordPad support Alt+BS in the main edit window. It seems that they do some extra message processing to achieve this.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #5
I use Alt+BS since such a long time that I keep forgetting the existence of ctl+Z.

I remember that, years ago, I had to ask the builders of a program with an embedded editor why not only they suddenly removed Alt+BS as an undo command, but the keyboard programming don't allowed me to customize Alt+BS anymore.
At first they were surprised and told me they didn't do anything like that, then they noted that windows changed the way that key combination was handled in the API they used...
I don't remember anything else, but they were able to restore that function and even the newest releases of that program still support Alt+BS.

I'm also glad that my memory isn't at fault: I had the feeling that I used to do that in the lyrics editor.