Skip to main content
Topic: Just to get thew ball rolling again (Read 2499 times) previous topic - next topic

Just to get thew ball rolling again

I note that activity in this forum has been a little static over the past couple of days, so to get the ball rolling again, I thought I'd take the opportunity to give NWC a little enorsement.

I am half way through a week's run as musical director of a show at a UK theatre where the 12 piece band is comprised of both amateur and professional musicians in equal ratio.The musical content of the show, consisting of 23 numbers and lasting about an hour in duration, has been scored out in its entirety by means of NWC and has been well recevived by all of the musicians for its clarity and professional look. Although as a keen amateur musician over and above my "proper job", I work throughout the year on NWC this is the biggest annual event in which I take part, raising well over £20,000 each year for charity, and this is the 4th year that the availability of NWC - removing the extremely lengthy, tedious and unreliable task of scoring all the music out by hand - has meant that we have been able to have a professional sounding musical element to the show.

Although I have aired my occasional gripes in this forum, all I can say now is "Well done to NWC" for an incredible value-for-money program - I look forward to future developments making it an even more formidable tool and competitor to its more pricy rivals.

Re: Just to get thew ball rolling again

Reply #1
Ah, well said.

I am not an original composer. My application is usually to re-format someone else's work (yes, it is licensed), so I cannot exhibit the results on the Internet; it is not mine to exhibit.

Reply #2
... except for my SATB sheet music of Hallelujah, which has had over 12,000 downloads so far. Done with NWC.

Reply #3
Amen to that.....
I am making music available to Seattle's celebrated Fringe theatre community that cannot be brought to their tiny venues by live musicians for dozens of reasons ranging from financial restrictions to lack of volume control.  Musical theatre just got much more intimate and interactive thanks to this powerful and affordable piece of software.  Please keep it affordable and never stop striving to improve it.  It can work Miracles someday!